Wednesday, 11 November 2015

May - passing through the UK

It's always amazing to get to be in the UK during spring time.  Happily I had the excuse of a job interview to extend my layover in the UK by a few days.  I stayed with Gran and Grandad and spent Sunday with a friend from A-level days, Claudia.
At Standen House, East Grinsted, Claudia managed to find for me tulips, apple blossom AND bluebells - Spring in all its glory!



Monday was a May Bank Holiday and my sister Alex came up to Tunbridge Wells.  Gran and Grandad took us all out for a lovely lunch.

Alex was then heading off to the 'Jack in the Green' festival in Hastings and she enlisted my help with the body paint.  My matching shirt is entirely coincidental!

Alex with Gran and Grandad

It was then up to Cambridge, where I had my interview and a chance to visit our house to see what needed doing.  Our tenants have kept the garden tidy and the crab apple was in blossom.

Staying with my niece and nephews, Esther, Noah and Joshua, was an extra treat.

No photos of the interview but I got the job and could sit here in Heathrow, waiting for my flight, with a happy and thankful heart.  It may have been a 'work' trip but it felt like such a treat!

The family got some treats too - lots of American goodies to sample :)

Nice to be home!